-By Ashish Bhasin, Executive Chef, The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel and Residence
Bircher Muesli developed around 1900 by Swiss physician Dr. Maximilian Bircher-Benner for a patient in his hospital. The diet is rich in fibre. Being one of the easiest, healthy, vegetarian and tasty breakfast dishes, it is becoming more and more popular.
Oats rolled 150 gms
Whole almonds 30 gms
Apricots 30 gms
Carrot 100 gms
Apple 100 gms
Milk 500 ml
Honey As per taste
Raisins 20 gms
Yogurt 100 gm
Whipped cream 50 gms
Dried muesli 50 gm
1. Mix oats with chopped almonds, chopped apricots, grated apple, grated carrot and milk. Soak mixture overnight.
2. Next day, add yogurt, raisins, honey.
Add the muesli in a bowl, layer it with blueberry sauce and dried muesli
• Oatmeal releases sugar continuously at low speed into the bloodstreams which help in reducing fatigue and anxiety
• Berries being rich in nutrients put your immune system in action. It’s a great antioxidant too • Helps in weight loss
• Oats are both an excellent source of fibre which improving your bowel movements and prevents constipation. The fibre content also makes muesli a heart-healthy food as it helps in lowering cholesterol, reducing the risk of heart diseases.
• Muesli is also known as diabetes-friendly food.
• It is a rich source of carbohydrates it keeps your energy levels high.
• Muesli is rich in vitamins and minerals.
• Full of antioxidants.
• Muesli a great source of proteins
• It contains iron which is essential for the production of hemoglobin in blood and also prevents fatigue and tiredness.
• Boosts immunity
• Muesli contains nuts which are a good source of omega-3-fatty acids.
SummerCoolers: Lemongrass, Lemon Wedges and Chilli Soda
80 Gm chopped peeled ginger
30 Gm lemongrass
100 ml water
50 Gm sugar
Half Chilli ( to taste)
20 ml fresh lime juice
500 ml soda
Make the syrup: Simmer lemongrass, chilli and ginger in water in a small saucepan for approx 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let steep, covered, 30 minutes.
Churn the mixture in a blender and strain it through a fine sieve.
Return liquid to the saucepan and add sugar and a pinch of salt, then heat over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
You can chill and keep this syrup for 3-4 days easily
Finish your drink:
Mix 50 ml syrup with lime juice
Topped with soda
Serve with lot of ice
Garnish with lemongrass and lemon wedges Are there any herbs that can reduce
Inflammation? What exactly do we mean by Inflammation? Is it really that very bad ??
Inflammation is the body's attempt at self-protection to remove harmful stimuli and begin the healing process.
Inflammation is part of the body's immune response.
Infections, wounds, and any damage to tissue would not be able to heal without an inflammatory response.
Symptoms of chronic inflammation present in a different way. These can include fatigue, mouth sores, chest pain, abdominal pain, fever, rash, joint pains etc.
Chronic inflammation can eventually cause several diseases and conditions, including some cancers, rheumatoid arthritis and Atherosclerosis among others. This Interesting recipe uses Lemon Grass and Ginger...both of which are known for their Anti-Inflammatory properties! Ginger shares the same properties as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory pharmaceutical drugs but is more effective! Citral found in lemongrass inhibits the formation of acid that causes inflammation.
So, go-ahead & enjoy the right flavour with health benefits!