1. How important is the MICE business for your country and what percentage of total business you comprise from the MICE segment?
?MICE business is important to the state of Florida. 760,000 international travelers came to the sunshine state in 2014 for the primary purpose of attending meetings, conventions, conferences and trade shows. ?
2. Why one needs to go to your country for MICE business instead of others, what are the facilities your country provide to them?
?As a meetings destination, Florida excels in a number of important categories. In addition to the outstanding destination and activity ratings expected of a global leisure destination, Florida also offers the advantage of high appeal with attendees, reasonable room rates and meeting costs, as well as affordable access. Florida significantly outpaces other meeting destinations in outdoor recreation, beaches and golf. ?
3. How is the response from Indian MICE segment? Are there any challenges which you’re facing in the current scenario?
?The Indian MICE segment is a strong one for VISIT FLORIDA. In fact, we have a VISIT FLORIDA office in Mumbai, and we continually host seminars and conduct sales calls throughout the country. The biggest challenge we face is the flight time from India to Florida. However, Emirates recently announced new flights from Dubai to Orlando, starting in September, which means more Indians can get to the Sunshine State with just one stopover.
4. Tell us the round fig. of MICE 2014 in your country from Indian MICE segment? Also share your expectations for 2015 and the marketing strategies with which you’re coming?
?In 2014, 50,000 Indian travelers came to Florida. As the MICE market grows, we will work to determine the percentage of Indian travelers who come specifically for meetings and conventions. ?
5. Describe the MICE status of your country only in 1 sentence?
?Florida's strength as a repeat destination for leisure travel holds true for meeting and conventions too; research has demonstrated that those who have previously held meetings in the Sunshine State are likely to do so again. ?
6. MICE Asia Pacific has become the second most famous event, what makes it so?
?Currently, VISIT FLORIDA participates in ITB Asia. As the MICE market continues to grow, we will evaluate our presence at the MICE Asia Pacific Exhibition. ?
7. The emphasis is more on content in MICE market, could you elaborate?
8. The use of events technology is the maximum in MICE Asia Pacific. Comment on it?